The Admission Counselor’s Guide to Achieving Recruiting Goals
- 2022 Session: July 11, 2022, through August 12, 2022—Registration Closed
- 2023 Session: Dates TBA Soon—Registration Opens April 1, 2023
• 5 high-impact learning modules
• Over 23 hours of instruction
• Virtual group sessions combined with online asynchronous learning
• Built with a focus on practical skills by enrollment experts
• Certificate of completion
The format for “The Admission Counselor’s Guide to Achieving Recruiting Goals” includes:
- In-person kick-off meeting (online)
- Five asynchronous online modules available in enrollmentFUEL’s online learning management system
- Flipped classroom course training materials and videos available for download by participants
- Mid-cycle in-person course content presentation
- Follow-up online group discussion sessions
- Last session in-person meeting with prizes to recognize high-achieving participants
- Certificate of completion
These sessions provide participants access to approximately 5 hours of in-person and 17 hours of online learning content. Content and the curriculum were designed to supplement institutional-specific training about internal systems and procedures.
Session 1: History of Enrollment Management and the Admission Cycle (Part of this session is Virtual Zoom In-Person)
In this session, participants learn about the various iterations of enrollment from admissions, recruitment, enrollment management, and strategic enrollment management (SEM). We will focus on the differences and expectations of counselors in each model. Additionally, learners will complete training with an understanding of the annual admission cycle and the outcomes required in each “season.”
Session 2: Territory Management, Closing the Sale and the Funnel
This module focuses on how counselors manage their territory and how it differs from what happens in operations. We discuss the Admission Counselor’s friend, the CRM, and focus on sales (yes, admission is sales) along with the various modalities and best approaches for closing the sale. Finally, we review the admission funnel. We discuss what happens at each stage and how the division of labor works in an admission office to meet net tuition revenue goals.
Session 3: Admissions – Attracting, Admitting, and Enrolling
This is the meat and potatoes of admissions. How are students attracted to the institution, and what factors are most salient in a student’s decision to attend college? We will learn about tactics such as Student Search, geodemography, predictive modeling, and digital recruiting strategies. Also, we will review the various types of admission and all the “pieces” required to get a student to matriculate.
Session 4: Meeting your Goal – Planning, People, and Service (Part of this session is Virtual Zoom In-Person)
Get ready to meet your goal—the exciting culmination of the cycle and how you prove your success as a counselor. Get insight into how different territories are set. Learn strategies to navigate your territory with a focus on planning and executing your personal strategy. Learn new ways to build relationships and engage people, and how to provide exceptional customer service. Lastly, we will discuss your title—”admission counselor,” what that means, and how you successfully fulfill your role requirements.
Session 5: Understanding the Competitive Playing Field: The Role of Marketing and Recruitment in Building a Class (Part of this session is Virtual Zoom In-Person)
How does your college stand out? What makes it different? Do you know how to talk about your value proposition or your feature/benefit statements? In this session, you will learn the best tactics to be an exceptional recruiter and admission counselor. You also learn how the marketing team impacts enrollment and the various ways they augment the work you do.